Back in Hong Kong for its fourth year on September 5 at the Hotel ICON, Learning and Development Asia is bigger and better than ever before and earned its reputation as the most influential L&D strategy event in Asia.
Pre-order your tickets now!
Contact us now for an amazing group discount
The second “Best Companies for Mums” contest has announced the leading organisations and supervisors in Singapore for encouraging flexible working environments and promoting better work-life balance for working mothers.
Organised jointly through the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), Women’s Development Secretariat (WDS) and the Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP), the competition whittled down hundreds of entries to to find the winning employers.
Overall, 69 organisations, supervisors and colleagues were recognised for their efforts in providing family-friendly policies.
Two new categories were also added this year: “Most Enabling Companies for Dads” and “Most Supportive Colleagues”, joining the existing “Best Companies for Mums” and “Most Supportive Supervisors” awards.
“Employees today are drawn to organisations that help them find work-life balance and personal satisfaction. The best companies to work for are those dedicated to cultivate career advancement programmes and good work-life balance for their employees,” said Ms Cham Hui Fong, assistant secretary-general at NTUC.
The best companies for mums
2. Hitachi Asia
3. Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific
4. Jardine Onesolution (2001)
5. KK Woman’s and Children’s Hospital
7. McAfee Inc.
8. McDonald’s Restaurants
9. Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited
10. Republic Polytechnic
11. Royal Plaza on Scotts
12. Singapore Telecommunications Limited
13. ST Microelectronics
Most enabling companies for dads
1. Absolute Kinetics Consultancy
2. CGG Services (Singapore)
3. FedEx Express Singapore
4. Carlsberg Singapore
5. Environmental Resources Managements
6. Polycom Asia Pacific
7. Great Eastern Life Assurance Company
Most supportive supervisors
1. Barclays Capital Services
2. CapitaMalls Asia
3. Housing & Development Board
4. International Rectifier SE Asia
5. Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore
6. Ministry of Manpower
7. NTUC ARU
9. Excelerate V2 Program
10. German Centre for Industry and Trade
Most supportive colleagues
1. DBS Bank
2. Deluge Dire Protections (S.E.A)
4. Housing & Development Board
5. Ngee Ann Polytechnic
6. Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance PLC
7. IXIX Distribution
8. Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific