Asking for older workers is okay, but requesting for fresh graduates is not.
Mentioning you want to hire only Singaporeans is also acceptable, but stating you want Singaporeans and Malaysians, Filipinos, or other nationalities is not.
These helpful dos and don’ts come from the Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP) in Singapore, which has compiled a list of what is acceptable to print in job advertisements.
Click here for the full TAFEP link.
- Singaporeans only
- No mention of any nationality
- Non-Singaporeans preferred
- Singaporeans and Malaysians welcome
- Singaporeans and Singapore permanent residents only
- Chinese-language teacher for pre-school centre, good credit in O-level Chinese
- Mandarin is an advantage
- Older workers welcome
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Youthful working environment
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Age 25-30 only
- Women’s fashion boutique requires sales staff to model clothes while on the job
- Physical work required
- Strong guys needed
- Preferably female
- Female working environment
How do you know if your #learning is relevant for the #future?
Find out at the region's largest conference for HR and L&D practitioners, Learning & Development Asia, happening in September.
Register for early-bird savings now.