Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »
From the team at Human Resources, we send you our best wishes for a happy and prosperous Deepavali.
Here are some interesting stories around diversity and celebrating multi-cultural workplaces:
1. Three ways to beat unconscious bias
Looking to hire candidates solely based on their skill set? Here are three tips to help remove prejudice from your recruitment process.
2. Why firms should not have formalised team building policies
“Without a sense of sincerity and spontaneity, the spirit behind team building is lost,” says Allan Tan, MD, Ying Communications.
3. Singtel group CEO reveals 5 ways leaders can impact gender diversity
In an exclusive, Chua Sock Koong admits that she too had to be ‘encouraged’ to go for the CEO position when it became available.
4. Regional list of public holidays 2017
Your handy guide to the regional list of public holidays in 2017 – Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, and more.
5. The case for return-to-work programmes
More than 90% of women who take a career break say they want to return to work, but only 40% are able to find full-time roles.
6. Give diversity a hand
In today’s global workplace, diversity inclusion is a business imperative – but in many cases this does not include fostering a welcoming culture for LGBT employees.
7. Google’s MD shares 5 ideas to build a diverse workplace
An exclusive interview with Sajith Sivanandan, MD of Google Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines and emerging markets, on the future of work.
8. The best things about working in Singapore
We might live in one of the world’s most expensive cities, but there are still many things to love about working life in Singapore.
9. HR policies to make your workplace NS-friendly
Policies that take into account needs of NSmen not only win awards, but also ensures NSmen stay productive, affirms CDL’s HR head.
10. Three tips for growing a winning team
See how Jo Fisher, VP of HR at Adknowledge Asia, is integrating an acquisition with a major telco whilst hiring more than 90 people.