"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry. A display of the best of the best!"
Start your entries preparation early.
Open to both in-house recruitment & talent acquisition teams and recruitment solution providers.
An infographic by BambooHR finds the top 10 behaviours of bad bosses:
- Takes credit for staff’s work – 17% of respondents who said a boss had been the primary reason they had left a job quit because their boss took credit for their work
- Doesn’t appear to trust or empower you
- Doesn’t appear to care if you’re overworked
- Doesn’t appear to advocate for you when it comes to monetary compensation
- Hires and/or promotes the wrong people
- Doesn’t back you up when there’s a dispute between you and one of your company’s clients
- Doesn’t provide proper direction on assignments/roles
- Micromanages you and doesn’t allow you the ‘freedom to work’
- Focuses more on your weaknesses than your strengths
- Doesn’t set clear expectations
The survey of 1,029 US-based employed individuals over the age of 18 also found differences in views between genders:
Bad bosses have been the reason for more than two in five people leaving (44%), per the study. The top five characteristics of bad bosses that prompted employees to leave are:
- Management style – 37%
- Condescending attitude – 30%
- Mean or bad temper – 30%
- Inappropriate behaviour – 26%
- Harassed employees – 24%
On the flipside, these were the traits that employees didn’t seem to mind as much as the others:
Graphics / BambooHR