Uncover and learn about complex HR innovation tools and strategies at Accelerate HR from Thailand's largest employers including Agoda, DKSH, Fonterra, FWD, Kasikornbank, Minor Food, Nissan Motor and more.
Happening in Bangkok on 26-27 November, early-bird tickets are still available.
It’s all too easy to get caught up in your day-to-day duties and forget exactly why you are doing what you’re doing in your career, and in your position as a leader.
As a boss, a manager, an employer or a leader, your duty is to set a path for yourself and for those who are influenced by you. For that reason, I thought I’d gather together a few of my favourite quotes around leadership in the hopes that they also motivate you to become a better leader.
Don’t forget to share your favourites in the comment box below!
1. “Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” – Theodore Roosevelt
2. “To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. “We were created with two ears but one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we talk.” – Epictetus
4. “I think the one lesson I have learned is that there is no substitute for paying attention.” — Diane Sawyer
5. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” – Winston Churchill
6. “Engage your emotions at work. Your instincts and emotions are there to help you.” – Richard Branson
7. “I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.” – Oprah Winfrey
8. “Actions speak louder than words, but not nearly as often.” – Mark Twain.
9. “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles Swindol
10. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
11. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
12. “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right” – Henry Ford
13. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
14. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
15. “The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
16. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” – Steve Jobs
17. “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
18. “I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” – Albert Einstein
19. “Leadership: the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
20. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
21. “You don’t lead by pointing and telling people some place to go. You lead by going to that place and making a case.” – Ken Kesey
22. “Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others.” – Jack Welch
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »