The home or residence must be suitable for quarantine based on MOH's risk evaluation, and these travellers must have obtained a negative COVID-19 PCR test within three days of departure for Malaysia. Full updates here.
Starting today (21 September 2021), fully-vaccinated individuals arriving in Malaysia can opt to serve their quarantine period at home or a residence of choice, instead of a dedicated facility.
Apart from being fully vaccinated, these travellers must first meet the following eligibility criteria shared by the Ministry of Health (MOH):
- The home or residence must be suitable based on MOH's risk evaluation.
- They must have obtained a negative COVID-19 PCR test within three days of departure for Malaysia.
- Travellers may visit MOH's portal to apply, from 8am on 21 September 2021.
- Applications must be made seven to 10 days prior to the date of entry into Malaysia.
- All applications for arrivals from 28 September onwards should be made via the HQA portal.
Upon arrival in Malaysia
- Travellers must undergo a PCRT test upon arrival.
- Present an approval letter for home quarantine.
- Travellers who have qualified for home quarantine will be issued with a wristband or a digital tracker.
- These travellers will be known as Persons under Surveillance (PUS), and this status will be displayed on their MySejahtera app.
- All travellers must stay in quarantine for 14 days.
- All travellers in quarantine must complete the Home Quarantine Assessment Tool in MySejahtera everyday.
Photo / Ministry of Health's Facebook