Close to two in three employers in Malaysia (63%) are most optimistic post General Election 14 (GE14), while over one-third (36%) are considering a 3-5% salary increment, per latest findings by Jobstore.com.
Providing insight into hiring and salary trends in Malaysia post GE, the following are further findings:
- Close to half (48%) of Malaysian employers indicate an increase in hiring activity, a 12% increase over before GE14.
- The growing confidence correlates with an increase in job postings – an 11% increase after GE14, in which executive-level job postings contributed 5% to the overall growth.
The report also revealed the expected salary adjustments after GE14, analysed below.
Salary trends in Malaysia: Human resources
- CHROs and HR director with 15+ years of experience = RM 15,000-50,000 per month
- VP HR and head of HR functions (recruitment, L&D, etc.) = RM 10,000-25,000 per month
- Senior/HR manager with 7-12 years of experience = RM 7,000-15,000 per month
Salary trends in Malaysia: Administrative and clerical
- Personal assistant (PA) to CEO with 5-10 years of experience = RM 5,000-12,000 per month
- Personal assistant or secretary with 3-10 years of experience = RM 4,500-10,000 per month
- Receptionist with 3-10 years of experience = RM 1,800-3,500 per month
Salary trends in Malaysia: Accounting, finance and banking
- Chief financial officer (CFO) with 15+ years of experience = RM 20,000-53,000 per month
- Chief risk officer with 10-20 years of experience = RM 12,000-28,000 per month
- Audit and branch manager with 6-10 years of experience = RM 8,000-15,000 per month
Salary trends in Malaysia: Art, design and entertainment
- Senior art director with 6-12 years of experience = RM 6,000-15,000 per month
- UX designer and animator with 3-6 years of experience = RM 2,500-6,500 per month
- Web or graphic designer with 1-3 years of experience = RM 1,800-4,000 per month