Human Resources Online is heading to Bangkok with the Accelerate HR conference on November 26-27.
HR leaders from Agoda, DKSH, Fonterra, FWD, Kasikornbank, Minor Food, Nissan Motor and more have already confirmed to speak.
Early-bird tickets are still available.
As travelling cost is decreasing, the dream of travelling around the world has become easier to achieve than ever. More and more people especially new comers to the workforce are trying to pursue the dream.
However, some young employees seem not to be able to find a healthy balance between work and play. A recent post on Heawork has shared some of the most interesting reasons that HR professionals have heard from new hires who want to apply leave to go travel.
1. Claiming that the tickets are long booked. They can apply unpaid leave if necessary.
2. The candidate told the interviewer during the interview that before reporting for work, they have to go travel for a month first.
3. Threatening to quit if they are not allowed to take leave to go travel.
4. Saying that it would be such a waste because it’s not easy to get a budget/free air ticket.
5. Saying that is a family trip that cannot be refused.
6. Applying for a month-long leave before passing probation.
READ MORE: Why you should let your staff travel
Gifs / GIPHY
Less than a month to Learning & Development Asia. Speakers from Axiata, BHP Billiton Shared Services, Fave, HRDF, Samsung confirmed to speak with more than 120 attendees.
The region's largest conference for HR and L&D practitioners - you don't want to miss it.
Last few seats available, you don't want to miss it. Register now.