Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »
DBS Bank, American Express International, Baxter Healthcare Asia, and McDonald’s Singapore have been named as one of the seven best employers in Singapore for 2018.
According to Aon’s Best Employers study, these employers have achieved an engagement score of 81%, compared to a market average of 61%.
The Aon Best Employers in Singapore for 2018 are:
- DBS Bank – Best of the Best Employers
- American Express International – Best Employer Singapore
- Baxter Healthcare Asia – Best Employer Singapore
- DHL Express (Singapore) – Best Employer Singapore
- Mandarin Oriental, Singapore – Best Employer Singapore
- McDonald’s Singapore – Best Employer Singapore
- Singapore Prison Service – Best Employer Singapore
DBS Bank was also recognised as Regional Best Employer 2018 for Asia Pacific, after also being named Aon Best Employer in India earlier.
Apart from having high engagement, the employers named above have also scored 20 points higher than market average across the Best Employer indices of employer brand, effective leadership, and high-performance culture.
In an uncertain business environment where 87% of Singapore organisations are undergoing digital transformation, 83% of employees in these organisations agreed their senior leadership provide them a clear direction for the future (22 points higher than the market average).
These employers also had a total rewards strategy in place that focuses not just on pay but learning and career development opportunities – 76% of employees in these organisations felt they receive appropriate recognition for their contributions (21 points higher than market average).
Vikas Verma, director, talent, rewards and performance, Aon Singapore, said: “As the business environment gets challenging and the talent more discerning, organisations in Singapore must shift gears from providing career progression to career experiences. While what this means to each company is different, Best Employers have done well to identify their top engagement drivers and create a fit-for-purpose employee experience that maximises potential.”
In addition, five organisations received special recognition – they are:
- DHL Express (Singapore) – Honourable Mention for Commitment to Engagement
- DBS Bank – Honourable Mention for Engaging Generation Y
- American Express International – Honourable Mention for Engaging Women in the Workforce
- AMKFSCCommunity Services – Special Recognition for Social Service Organisations
- Style Theory – Special Recognition for Start-ups
Na Boon Chong, managing director and partner, talent, rewards and performance, Aon Singapore, said: “To thrive in this age of disruption, Best Employer organisations nurture an agile workforce that quickly moves from old jobs to new ones as they are created. An agile workforce must be supported by agile HR that delivers services based on reduced time-to-market, increased collaboration, regular reflection, and course correction based on evidence collected continuously during the entire employee lifecycle.”
Photo / 123RF