With this, applications for those aged 13 to 59 will not be accepted at the counter, or by "walk-in".
Application renewal services for Malaysia passports will be accepted entirely online from 1 June 2023 for selected immigration offices in the state of Selangor.
The immigration office branches involved are:
- Pejabat Imigresen Cawangan Kajang (Kajang Immigration Office)
- Pejabat Imigresen Cawangan Kelana Jaya (Kelana Jaya Immigration Office)
These offices will accept passport renewal applications online for:
- Applicants aged 13 to 18 years,
- Applicants aged 18 to 59 years; and
- Elderly applicants aged 60 and over.
With this, applications for those aged 13 to 59 will not be accepted at the counter or by "walk-in" at the abovementioned offices.
However, the two offices will still accept applications at the counter or by walk-in for:
- Application for children aged 12 and under;
- Prospective Haj Pilgrims (who accept the Haj Fund offer);
- Students aged 21 and under (who have accepted an offer to study abroad);
- Application for persons with disabilities (OKU); and
- Family members accompanying child applicants aged 12 and under.
Currently, there are nine immigration offices located in Selangor, and the recent announcement is only pertaining to the two cited above - i.e. for Kajang and Kelana Jaya.
Thank you for reading our story! If you have any feedback, feel free to let us know — take our 2023 Readers' Survey here.
Lead image / Imigresen Selangor