Suite Talk: Taking on a new role mid-pandemic, how this MD builds relationships and develops leaders
Joining digital identity specialist GBG in November 2020, Dev Dhiman, Managing Director of APAC, GBG, has had his hands full. In this interview with Aditi Sharma Kalra, he talks about:
- How he has been able to build strong bonds with his colleagues,
- GBG's structured promotion cycle (through which 10% of the team has been promoted),
- Pieces of advice that stand out in Dhiman's career to date, and much more.
Grace Chan's career in HR: All the secrets from getting her hands dirty to upskilling continuously, and more
This HR veteran's positive outlook, ready-to-learn attitude, and humility belie her 30 years in HR that have been spent passionately challenging stereotypes, getting to know people all across the ranks, and more.
In this exclusive, Priya Sunil catches up with Grace Chan to uncover everything about her journey over the past over 30 years:
- How she upskilled herself from a solely-L&D role to a full HR role;
- Three key attributes she believes high-potentials should have to move up the ranks;
- Her plan for life moving forward, and her views on continuous upskilling.
Wharf Hotel's President, Dr Jennifer Cronin speaks to Samantha Chan, and shares how her professional experiences in managing crises led her to do research and come up with better ways for the industry to make things work during tough times.
"This may sound very trivial or even cliche, but it's an incredibly high mandate, especially since the pandemic: whether it is ensuring that the right safety measures are in place, or be a trusted counsel in managing employee relations," says Ingo Laubender, Head of People, foodpanda (pictured above).
In this conversation with Lester Tan, you can also look forward to Ingo sharing about:
- The hardest decision he has made as an HR leader (and what he learnt from it);
- Why the best way HR can add value is to be future-ready, and
- How foodpanda is advocating mental health of its employees and riders.
Employers are quickly learning that returning to the workplace does not equal returning to life as it was pre-pandemic, and that it is actually more complicated than they had previously anticipated. In this exclusive, Samantha Chan speaks to leaders at five organisations to identify the exciting and innovative range of post-pandemic plans they have devised.
Industry Insider: How Virtuos's Global HR Director is tackling fierce competition for talent in the gaming sector
One of the rare industries that has boomed during COVID-19 is digital entertainment, making talent even scarcer than capital. In this exclusive, Priya Sunil finds out how Virtuos's Global HR Director, Minny Abels, is enhancing the way the company works to attract & retain talent.
Driving mental wellbeing isn't just HR's responsibility at Lendlease. The entire leadership team drives it, for instance, by getting certified as mental health first aiders. Vicki Ng, Head of People & Culture, Asia, Lendlease (pictured above), shares more on this and:
- How employees themselves get certified in mental health first aid.
- Shaping the way employees interact through upskilling in EI and empathetic listening.
- How she as a leader starts with prioritising her own mental health and wellbeing each day.
Photos / Provided