Don't miss the opportunity to shout about your successes in recruitment and talent acquisition - the Asia Recruitment Awards is
the only regional awards to celebrate the best in-house teams and recruitment solution providers.
Entries open until 22 February 2019! Enter your entries now »
The first Employment Insurance Scheme (EIS) recipients in Perak were given their first payments yesterday (Jan 25) from the Perak Social Security Organisation (SOCSO), reports The Malay Mail Online.
The payments of RM 600 each were presented to six former housing developer employees under the EIS, which is a national fund providing a safety net for unemployed until they find new employment.
At a presentation ceremony in Ipoh, Perak SOCSO director Noorhanita Mohamad told reporters that the employer of these six recipients ceased operations last month, and the ex-employees had submitted their applications on January 10.
Five more ex-workers from another company would receive their payments on 3 February, she added.
Noorhanita said in a speech that the payments were supposed to start next year, and this year’s payment was from an RM135 million injection from the government.
She also noted that starting this month, employees and employers each need to contribute 0.2% of salaries into the scheme.
A 9.39% increase in benefit payment for 2017 was reportedly recorded by Perak SOCSO.
To qualify for the second and third payment, Noorhanita stated that recipients need to prove to SOCSO that they have been trying to look for jobs.
“We will also assist them to improve on their employability by sending them for training or retraining,” she added.
Photo / 123RF