The COVID-19 pandemic has upended companies' recruitment plans. Many companies have decided to put a halt in hiring or cutting jobs. For work that requires certain skillsets, employers turn to talents who can work part-time or on a temporary basis to save costs. Here are 20 of the most common part-time job interview questions, according to Glassdoor
Review the questions you will most likely be asked and consider how you’ll respond.
- What days/hours are you available to work?
“I enjoy the flexibility of part-time work and am excited for the chance to give my undivided attention to your company _____days a week. If my schedule changes in the future and allows me the time to do my best work for you full time, I would love the opportunity for a permanent job.”
- Do you have any activities that would prevent you from working your schedule?
- Would you prefer full-time employment to part-time if a job were available?
“I would love the opportunity to become a full-time employee. I am very excited at the prospect of this part-time job, but I would gladly accept a full-time position if it were ever available. I believe my organisational and time management skills would make me a very strong full-time employee.”
“I’ve wanted to work for your company for years because of your consistent success in the industry. I would definitely like to become a permanent employee for such a terrific organisation. I’m a quick learner with a passion for the work you do.”
- Why do you want this job?
- What are your salary expectations?
- How would you describe the pace at which you work?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- Are you overqualified for this job?
- Have you ever had difficulty working with a manager?
- Why do you want to work here?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you know about this company?
- Why are you the best person for the job?
- What applicable experience do you have?
- What can you contribute to this company?
- What interests you about this job?
- What motivates you?
- What are you looking for in your next job? What is important to you?
- What will you do if you don’t get this position?
- What are your goals for the next few years? How do you plan to achieve these goals?