Singapore's Committee for Private Education released the results of its Private Education Institution (PEI) Graduate Employment Survey (GES) on 15 November, finding that the overall employment rate of fresh graduates from PEIs six months after their final examinations was 84.3%, including full-time, part-time, freelance, and contract work.
Surveying students from 40 PEIs, the survey was conducted in partnership with SkillsFuture Singapore, where 32% of the 11,003 graduates invited shared responses. Taking into account just full-time permanent employment, the employment rate was 60.1%. In comparison, the corresponding figures for autonomous universities (AU - NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, SIT) were 89.6% and 79.9% respectively.
The survey also showed that the median gross monthly salary of the graduates from PEIs in full-time permanent employment was S$2,550, compared to that of fresh AU graduates at S$3,325, and that of fresh and post-National Service polytechnic graduates at S$2,180 and S$2,517 respectively.
The following are the median gross monthly salaries for fresh graduates in PEIs:
- Singapore Institute of Management - S$2,600
- Kaplan Higher Education Academy - S$2,500
- Curtin Education Centre - S$2,500
- Management Development Institute of Singapore - S$2,450
- Air Transport Training College - S$2,000
- East Asia Institute of Management - S$1,950
- SMF Institute of Higher Learning - S$2,400
- James Cook University - S$2,150
- Raffles College of Higher Education - S$2,400
- ERC Institute - S$2,550
- TMC Academy - S$2,650
Further, there are PEIs with less than 10 fresh graduate respondents, either due to small enrolment or low response rate. While their results are not reported, the PEIs are listed below.
PEIs with 10 or more graduates, but fewer than 10 respondents:
- Auston Institute of Management
- BMC International College
- Dimensions International College
- First Media Design School
- FTMSGlobal Academy
- Informatics Academy
- Nanyang Institute of Management
- Ngee Ann-Adelaide Education Centre
- Parkway College of Nursing and Allied Health
- PSB Academy
- SDH Institute
- SHRM College
- Stansfield College
PEIs with fewer than 10 graduates from full-time EDPs:
- Amity Global Institute
- Beacon International College
- ITC School of Laws
- Singapore Raffles Music College
- Teg International College
Brandon Lee, Director-General (Private Education), SkillsFuture Singapore, commented on future planning for private education in Singapore, "The Committee for Private Education will also continue to review its requirements periodically to ensure that consumers’ interests are protected and PEIs meet minimum standards."
Images / Committee for Private Education
Follow us on Telegram and on Instagram @humanresourcesonline for all the latest HR and manpower news from around the region!