"Informative, Interactive, Inspiring. The conference brings new ideas and insights about current issues in talent and HR management"
Join the seventh annual Talent Management Asia, Asia's leading HR strategy conference. Register now for early-bird savings!
SRX Property has released a new price index that found private rents in Singapore had decreased by 0.2% in June 2018. According to its price index for non-landed private residential rentals, rents decreased by 0.2% in June 2018 compared to May 2018. Meanwhile, non-landed private residential units’ rents in RCR (rest of central region) increased by 0.7%, while those in CCR (core central region) and OCR (outside central region) decreased by 1.0% and 0.3% respectively.
Other findings in the SRX Property price index for non-landed private residential rentals:
- Year-on-year, rents in June 2018 decreased by 0.2% from June 2017. Rents in June 2018 were 19.3% down compared to its peak in January 2013.
- In individual sectors, CCR and RCR posted a 0.8% and 0.2% decrease respectively while there is no change for OCR at 0.0%, as compared to June 2017.
- Monthly change in index value for May 2018 was revised to 0.0% from 0.2%.
Not only that, rental volume decreases by 1.0% with a estimated 4,637 non-landed private residential units being rented in June 2018. This represented a 1.0% decrease from 4,682 units rented in May 2018.
As for the HDB rental market, the SRX Property price index for HDB rentals showed that rents decreased by 0.8% from May 2018 to June 2018. While HDB 3-room (0.7%), 4-rooms (1.6%) and HDB executive (0.7%) decreased, HDB 5-room rents increased by 0.1%.
According to SRX Property price index for HDB rentals:
- Year-on-year, rents in June 2018 were down by 2.9% from June 2017.
- Rents in June 2018 were down 16.0% compared to its peak in August 2013.
- Monthly change in index value for May 2018 remained unchanged at 0.2%.
Additionally, HDB rental volume decreases by 5.8% with an estimated 1,735 HDB flats being rented in June 2018. This represented a 5.8% decrease from 1,841 units rented in May 2018. Year-on-year, rental volume in June 2018 decreased by 5.1% from June 2017.
Lead Photo /SRX Property
Table / SRX Property