10 October has been gazetted as a holiday for all its offices globally, to observe World Mental Health Day.
In conjunction with World Mental Health Day 2022 coming up on Monday (10 October 2022), Publicis Groupe Malaysia has announced enhancements to its ongoing employee mental wellness programme. According to the company, the programme, launched last year, "is intended to assist employees in managing their stress and anxiety, particularly considering today's fast-paced market demands and shorter turnaround times."
For the long term, the enhanced programme will see the introduction of six key wellness benefits to boost the wellbeing of its employees:
- 10 October is gazetted by the Groupe as a holiday to observe World Mental Health Day.
- Updated paid maternity and paternity leave entitlements effective September 2022 to enable parents to spend more time with their newborns. Mothers will be given 98 consecutive days of maternity leave while fathers will be entitled to seven consecutive days.
- Sick leave updates will allow employees to convert two days from the 14 days allocation to rest days, without submitting supporting documents.
- Introduction of family care leave, which permits employees to take two days of unrecorded leave on family emergency matters, such as looking after sick parents, kids, or even pets.
- Study leave - Employees pursuing industry-related education will now be entitled to three days of study leave.
- First-trimester miscarriage is now included in employees' compassionate leave entitlement.
Meanwhile, for the short term, Publicis Malaysia has lined up month-long employee engagement activities such as yoga class, 'Walking Wednesdays', 'Tik Tok Thursdays', a movie screening night, and a Halloween Party, themed "Murder Mystery". Other activities include CalmerSutra, a session where employees learn the art of managing stress, and a laugh session with one of Southeast Asia's most sought-after comedians, Kevin Jay.
Commenting on the above, Maureen Gomez, Chief Talent Officer, Publicis Groupe Malaysia, shared: "Achieving excellent mental health should be viewed as an ongoing process, and since we spend the majority of our lives working, the workplace is an ideal location for promoting mental and behavioural health.
"The People-First Mental Wellness Programme is one of our continuous initiatives toward employee satisfaction and wellbeing. It is also a testament to our commitment to creating a “People First Culture” working environment."
Since the inception of the programme in 2021, the Groupe has implemented several initiatives including ‘Friday Disconnect’, where employees are encouraged to log off work from 2pm, onwards giving them a head start to the weekend; and the Employee Assistance Programme which offers counselling by certified counsellors on various topics and is accessible 24-hours every day and at no cost.
Image / Shutterstock