Back in January 2017, media intelligence and social monitoring software firm, Meltwater grew too big for its office in Clarke Quay. The result? A brand new workspace at Mapletree Anson for a growing team of 85+ employees.
In this feature, we speak to Ross Candido, Meltwater's area director (Southeast Asia), who tells us why it was important for the team to lookout for a space that was functional to an open office concept but flexible enough to allow them to create unique spaces for meeting and collaborative moments.
Fast forward to today, the new office comes packed with a large boardroom, three smaller meeting rooms, and three phone booths for private calls (pictured below).
Finally, having experienced an office move first-hand, Candido provides some advice for other companies looking to redecorate their offices:
- Work closely with designers and vendors to ensure your vision and brand are kept aligned
- Visualise how the people in your organisation work and collaborate to develop relevant spaces
- Think of your organisation culture and create spaces that strengthen them
- Keep a fluid space design
- Integrate corporate colours and images tactfully so it’s not overbearing nor too sparse