Attended by Human Resources, the session saw the launch of a new whitepaper, Leadership, Disrupted: How to prepare yourself to lead in a disruptive world. From this, we've summarised the three key milestones in every CHRO's leadership disruption journey, below.
1: Disrupt your roleCHROs must seek new roles to play and take on new responsibilities to ensure the agility and stability of your organisation. Rethinking your role can include:
- A Chief Ecosystem Officer. The future CEO looks for and cultivates the broad network of collaborators and partners to stimulate a movement toward a better future.
- A Chief Intelligence Officer. The future CIO gathers data, develops algorithms, and uses machine learning to increase the intelligence of the organisation and its partners.
- A Chief Experience Officer. The future CXO creates engaging experiences across all channels in the value chain to strengthen the brand equity.
3: Disrupt your meaningWith the increasing emphasis on (and expectation of) providing benefit to society beyond products and services, purpose requires leaders to expand and deepen purpose with meaning for:
- A Person. A user of products and services with meaning, who derives functional and emotional benefits from the experience.
- The Organisation. Purpose that creates value, both tangible (e.g., financial) and intangible (e.g., brand).
- Your Society. Those whom your organisation’s purpose directly or indirectly influences.
Lead photo / StockUnlimitedEvent photos / CCL