How often do your employees call out sick? If it seems the standard office bug just won’t go away, you may have an issue with employee morale on your hands. If your team struggles to complete tasks and seem barely present in meetings, it’s time to take action to increase their engagement at work.
This isn’t an uncommon problem for employers. While employee engagement has risen across Asia over the last several years to an all-time high of 65%, there is still room for growth. Singapore lags other countries in the region at just 59% engagement. And as a study found that a 5% increase in engagement in this region is linked to a 3% revenue growth, it’s important to invest in team morale.
There are many factors that affect how satisfied your employees will be at work. Check out the infographic and excerpts below by Fundera for 29 data-driven tips on how to make employees happier:
1. Pay competitively: 44% of workers say they would leave their job for one with better pay.
2. Offer a variety of benefits: 80% of employees with a variety of perks identify with their organisation's vision and values.
3. Prioritise health insurance: 56% of employees (based in the US) say their health plan is the reason they stay at their current job.
Check out ideas 4, 5 and 6 below:
7. Practice gratitude: Employees who feel appreciated at work are 87% less likely to leave their organisation.
8. Create a mentoring programme: 83% of workers in a mentoring programme admit that it increases their desire to stay at their organisation.
9. Prioritise company values: 20% of 24-35 year-olds say an employer's reputation for ethical behaviour, diversity and inclusion is important.
Check out ideas 10 and 11 below:
12. Communicate effectively: 86% of corporate executives and employees say that ineffective communication is a big reason for failures at the workplace.
13. End meetings with attainable goals: 46% of employees don't know what to do after a meeting.
14. Reduce email chains: 96% of workers say that unnecessary emails, like long group threads, waste their time.
Check out ideas 15, 16 and 17 below:
18. Use the latest technology: 73% of employees who work in a fully-enabled digital workplace report a positive impact on their productivity.
19. Bring in office plants: A few houseplants can increase engagement and productivity by 15%.
20. Allow pets in office: 88% of employees working in pet-friendly workplaces plan to stay at the company for the next 12 months.
Check out ideas 21, 22 and 23 below:
24. Choose your managers wisely: 58% of employees say poor management is the biggest obstacle to productivity.
25. Help them grow: 69% of employees whose managers help set performance goals are highly engaged.
26. Give weekly feedback: 43% of highly engaged employees receive feedback at least once a week.
Check out ideas 27, 28 and 29 below:
All graphics / Fundera For sources of the data, please visit the blog.
Follow us on Telegram and on Instagram @humanresourcesonline for all the latest HR and manpower news from around the region!