This is part of Thailand's Test and Go scheme for travel that commenced on 1 February 2022.
To ensure smooth facilitation, and approval of tourist travel passes, Thailand's Pass System Department, from 7 February 2022 (Monday), will not permit registrations submitted any less than one day (24 hours) before departure date.
According to the Department, the processing time for the tourist travel passes takes three to seven days. Applicants are thus "strongly advised" to plan ahead, and submit the registration for the passes at least seven days prior to departure. Further, the Department reminded that registration for this 'Test and Go' scheme commenced on 1 February 2022. Fully-vaccinated travellers from all countries, and territories are eligible to apply, and enter Thailand under the scheme.
To apply, travellers are required to prepare the following documents:
- Passport and/or visa (if required);
- Certificate/proof of vaccination;
- Proof of insurance with minimum coverage of US$50,000 for medical expenses (this is not required for Thai, and foreign residents in Thailand who can use social security, or certificate from their employer), and
- Paid and confirmed reservation from SHA Extra+/AQ Hotel (quarantine centres) for two nights (day one, and day five of travel)
- For day one, travellers must have paid and confirmed for hotel reservation, and first RT-PCR test, and airport transfer.
- For day five, travellers must have paid and confirmed for hotel reservation, and second RT-PCR test.