Despite an uncertain and ever-changing 2021, many leaders were determined to not let their teams fall behind. Just as determined, Human Resources Online spoke to some of these leaders to understand the hottest, function-agnostic skills required now and for the future, and how to build these skills in your workforce.
To remain just as thoroughly prepared for 2022, read up on our list of the most beloved 'Upskilling 101' articles of 2021.
1. Empathic communication is even more important for leaders today, says UOB Malaysia's HR head
Understanding that building skills goes beyond formal learning, Lai Tak Ming, Executive Director and Country Head of Human Resources, shares how UOB Malaysia emphasises support and feedback through career conversation training for more effective learning.
2. Why Starbucks Singapore's Partner Resource Director believes plans should have 'white space'
Starbucks Coffee Singapore has its very own special 'secret ingredient' — its operations excellence guide. In place of formal reviews, this recipe calls for quarterly performance and development conversations, reveals Celestina Lee, Partner Resource Director.
3. 3 things P&G Indonesia’s HR Director learnt from evolving the firm’s learning strategy
Ilham Maulana, HR Director, brings learning to life by incorporating role-play and practice as Procter & Gamble Indonesia moves 100% of its classroom training virtual.
4. How Nokia Indonesia's aggressive push on digital learning is helping build a growth mindset
Learn more about Nokia's wide host of platforms for employees to learn - from LinkedIn Learning to a platform for employees to share their passions - as shared by Stavia Dexterina (Dexter), Country HR Lead Indonesia.
5. Why 3M's Regional MD urges leaders to embrace fun in the workplace
Scientific thinking and simply embracing fun — while seemingly on opposite ends of the spectrum, Kevin McGuigan, Managing Director, SEA Region and Country Leader, Singapore at 3M, believes these two skills will never fail you.
6. Why Experian's HR Director advocates for virtual empathy and resilience as the top leadership traits today
Experian's HR Director, Chua Chai Ping, speaks on the impact leaders have on people, role modelling, and the importance of setting the bar really high.
Head on over to our Upskilling 101 section for our full list of interviews!
Photo / 123RF