Throughout the last 12 months, Human Resources Online embarked on a journey far and wide across many industries just to bring you the latest industry insights.
In this special story, we present to you our most-read Industry Insider interviews across Southeast Asia for 2021, complete with industry challenges and unique solutions. You can look forward to reading how leaders are tackling the fierce talent war, why disruption presents growth, ways they are grooming talent internally to address the talent crunch, and more.
Check them out below!
1. How Virtuos's Global HR Director is tackling fierce competition for talent in the gaming sector
In spite of fierce competition in the game sector, Virtuos is ready to rise to the next level with its global portfolio of AAA games, strong client partnerships, and position at the forefront of game technology shares Minny Abels, Global HR Director.
2. Why P&G Indonesia believes that over-communication might not be a bad thing for employees
P&G Indonesia's global umbrella campaign called Lead with Love helps groom future leaders emotional intelligence in the FMCG sector where emotional intelligence plays a pivotal role, reveals Adhika Widya Sena, Senior HR Manager.
3. There’s a talent war brewing in Thailand’s insurance sector; and Krungthai-AXA Life Insurance is leading from the front
Low unemployment, increased competition from other industries for new graduates, and attracting and retaining Millennials. Krungthai-AXA Life Insurance (KTAXA) is taking these challenges faced by the insurance sector head on, Bubphawadee Owararinth, Chief People Officer shows.
4. Gulf Energy Development's CHRO on embracing the era of disruption as an opportunity for growth
An electrifying new landscape awaits the power and utilities sector - driven by new technologies, new business models, markets, players, partners, and customers. Gulf Energy Development's CHRO, Chutima Sribumrungsart, will power through by shifting the hiring approach by being proactive through early engagement with external talent and investing in a new learning ecosystem.
5. GSK's HR Country Head on the importance of employee experience, and leveraging Gen Z talent
The pharmaceutical/healthcare industry is past the age where business was just about delivering a service and making a profit. Kundan Kumar, HR Country Head for Malaysia and Brunei is looking for culture contributors, proper onboarding of the candidate with a relatable purpose, and focus on their journey onwards with the aid of HR transformation with a human touch to complete their life cycle in GSK.
6. Lack of niche talent? 'INMAGINE' how to groom them internally through knowledge transfer, mentorship, and more
It is time to get creative. Stephanie Sitt, Co-Founder and Group CEO, shares how INMAGINE is adopting technological innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship, to shape a future where design is within reach for everyone.
Head on over to our Industry Insider section for our full list of interviews!
Lead photo / Provided
Interviewees' images / Provided