Work from home has becomes mandatory for many employees in Hong Kong as the third wave of COVID-19 has well and truly hit. While some businesses have gone full digital, many still need to go through reams of paperwork. It can easily turn into a nightmare when employees have to print, sign and scan back multiple documents.
One of the easiest ways to enhance the employee experience, and make things easier for HR, is to convert paper-based forms and static PDFs that require ink signatures into intelligent online PDFs that can be electronically signed from any device.
Here are the top 10 benefits by converting paper-based forms to intelligent PDFs with e-signature capabilities, according to Adobe:
- Improve employee experience. All digital workflows that include PDFs with e-signatures are easier to fill out for customers and easier for staff to process – resulting in a much-improved digital experience for everyone.
- Increase security. Better protect your company’s and employees’ information with electronic PDFs that can be password protected with sensitive information redacted – plus, e-signed documents have a tamper-evident seal to ensure authenticity.
- Maximise efficiency and productivity of staff. Automated workflows, approval routing, and integrations with back-end systems eliminate delays in processing to keep your team working at peak performance – in the systems they’re using today such as Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and more.
- Reduce legal and compliance risks. E-signatures are legally binding, trusted, and enforceable in most industrialised countries around the world. Adobe Sign complies with the broadest range of legal requirements and the most demanding industry regulations.
- Reduce costs. With digital forms and e-signatures, the cost of paper, printing, postage, and storage is massively reduced. Plus, the time saved by your staff no longer having to make copies, send faxes, file paperwork or prepare packages frees them up for more important tasks.
- Reduce duplicate data entry. Using digital forms virtually eliminates the manually rekeying of information and reduces associated data entry errors. Plus, data can automatically pre-populate forms and integrate with back-end systems, reducing customer frustration in having to provide the same information over and over.
- Increase visibility and 'auditability'. See the status of all documents in process, including who has signed and who is up next. And easily access a date- and time-stamped audit trail that is automatically created and securely stored with each completed form.
- Reduce environmental impact. Imagine eliminating thousands of pieces of paper every day, saving trees, water and other scarce resources.
- Accelerate processing time. E-signatures and automated workflows remove roadblocks and create fast and secure digital experiences that speed processing of forms and applications.
- Exceed customers’ digital expectations to minimise drop-offs. Customers have the same digital expectations of your bank that they are seeing in almost every other area of their life, such as ride-sharing, room booking, and even exercise. If any part of your application or loan processes requires paper, ink signatures, or an in-person visit, another option is just a tap away.