Human Resources Online is heading to Bangkok with the Accelerate HR conference on November 26-27.
HR leaders from Agoda, DKSH, Fonterra, FWD, Kasikornbank, Minor Food, Nissan Motor and more have already confirmed to speak.
Early-bird tickets are still available.
Following the footsteps of other major cities around the word, the Labour and Welfare Bureau issued the long overdue talent list that specifies 11 professions Hong Kong is currently thirst for in order to support the city’s future development as a “high value-added and diversified economy”.
Foreign talents with relative background covered in the list will be given immigration facilitation to settle in Hong Kong, even before having a secured job offer from a local employer. As many as 1000 qualified professionals are accepted every year through the existing Quality Migrant Admission Scheme, which is effective immediately.
The 11 professions listed are as below:
• Waste treatment specialists/engineers;
• Management professionals in asset management including but not limited to trust fund management;
• Professionals in marine insurance;
• Professionals in fintech;
• Data scientists and cybersecurity specialists;
• Innovation and technology experts in pharmaceutical and life science/biotechnology, data engineering (including AI and distributed ledger technologies), and materials science/nanotechnology;
• Naval architects;
• Marine engineers and superintendents of ships;
• Creative industries professionals in music, digital entertainment (e.g., game designers and programmers, and film
• Dispute resolution professionals and transactional lawyers specialising in international financial disputes and cross-border transactions.
Matthew Cheung Kin Chung, chief secretary for administration and chairman of the human resources planning commission said in the release, “The promulgation of the talent list is one of our major initiatives to enhance our competitive advantages in attracting international talents, creating cluster effects, stimulating the development of local talents and propelling Hong Kong forward.”
According to the release, the list will be updated on a regular basis to reflect the changing needs driven by the latest economic development.
Mark your calendars as the crowd's favourite candidate and employee experience conference, Talent Experience Forum is back!
Happening only in KL, Malaysia on 5 November. Register your seat early because you will be hearing top insights from C-suite and senior HR leaders from Dell, Digi, GoCar, IPG Mediabrands, Nestle, Tesco, Unilever and more.