"Informative, Interactive, Inspiring. The conference brings new ideas and insights about current issues in talent and HR management"
Join the seventh annual Talent Management Asia, Asia's leading HR strategy conference. Register now for super early-bird savings!
In Randstad Malaysia’s new report, the five most-in-demand accounting and finance jobs in Malaysia in 2019 (in no specific order) are as follows:
Commercial finance manager
- In 2019, more MNCs and startups are expected to set up their headquarters or regional hubs in Malaysia because of its favourable tax policies and low labour cost. These new entrants will drive the demand for high-performing commercial finance managers next year.
- Expected salary: MYR120k – 156k per annum for finance managers in MNCs or listed companies
Commercial finance planning manager
- As foreign and Malaysian companies set up more offices and site operations in the country in 2019, we expect to see a higher demand for finance planning managers. Requests for such talent are likely to come from the fast-moving consumer goods and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Expected salary: MYR120k – 144k per annum for finance managers in MNCs or listed companies
- In 2019, companies need to consider probable cost reduction measures to improve productivity and ensure business sustainability. This means that the job responsibilities of financial controllers will expand as they are expected to play a more integral role to support restructuring exercises.
- Expected salary: MYR216k – 264k per annum for finance managers in MNCs or listed companies
Financial planning manager (bank)
- The newly-implemented Malaysian Financial Reporting Standards (MFRS) 15 and 9 by Bank Negara Malaysia will result in an increasing demand for experienced finance managers in 2019.
- Expected salary:
- MYR120k – 144k per annum for finance managers with six to eight years experience
- MYR160k and above per annum for finance managers with more than 9 years of experience
- As businesses gain more confidence to operate and scale in 2019, companies will start to increase headcount for group accountants to support the consolidation and reporting of financial performance and statements.
- Expected salary: MYR144k – 156k per annum for finance managers in MNCs or public listed companies.
Photo / StockUnlimited
"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry! A display of the best of the best!"
Submit your entries for the Asia Recruitment Awards before 8 February 2019.