A dedicated department, called 'DE&I Promotion Office' has been established since 1 April 2023.
Japan-headquartered, TANAKA Holdings, parent company of TANAKA Precious Metals, has formulated a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) declaration, which focuses on respecting the individuality and differences of employees.
In a statement, the company shared: "TANAKA Group considers the individuality of each employee is the origin of value creation and positions the promotion of DE&I as one of our key management strategies. We declare to make company-wide efforts to promote DE&I."
As part of the new declaration, TANAKA Group has launched the following DE&I guidelines:
- Diversity: "We will realise an organisation where each employee can recognise and respect the individuality and differences."
- Equity: "We will provide each employee with opportunities to develop and maximise the potential."
- Inclusion: "We will create a work environment where each employee can inspire each other and grow together."
In line with this initiative, efforts for promoting DE&I are already in place, with initiatives being undertaken to create a conducive workplace, including:
- the establishment of systems to support the balancing of work and family,
- round-table meetings with male employees who took childcare leave, and
- internal awareness surveys.
In addition, a dedicated department, called 'DE&I Promotion Office' has been established since 1 April 2023, to further promote DE&I. The company hopes to share progress of its initiatives in the future.
As of 31 March 2022, 5,225 employees comprise the consolidated Group, whereby TANAKA Holdings operates as a holding company providing overall administration for TANAKA Precious Metals, which is a group of companies specialising in precious metals.
Thank you for reading our story! Please leave us a comment if you enjoy our content — take our 2023 Readers' Survey here.
Lead image / Shutterstock