All exit and entry approvals that have been obtained through MyTravelPass, MyEntry or other entry approvals are now null/voided.
Malaysia's Immigration Department (ESD) has announced new entry restrictions on citizens from India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Nepal.
This comes in lieu of statement by Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Ismail Sabri Yaakob on 5 May, where he announced a travel ban on flights to and from these countries, the ESD stated. These are namely:
- Temporary flight restrictions for exit and entry from the abovementioned countries, either via direct flight or transit to Malaysia.
- Exemptions are given to holders of diplomatic passports and officials who will need to undergo a compulsory 14-day quarantine at a Quarantine Centre stipulated by the National Disaster Management Agency (NADMA) and Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Flights or any other modes of transportation with a history of travel from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal in the last fourteen days are not allowed for a sign-off procedure in Malaysia, except for any Malaysian crew, who will be required to undergo a 14-day quarantine at a Quarantine Centre stipulated by NADMA and MOH.
With this in mind, the ESD said on Thursday (20 May 2021) that the entry restrictions will apply to:
- All Long Term-Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) holders in Malaysia. Exception is given to Permanent Residents and spouses of Malaysians, with the condition to obtain an Entry Approval via MyTravelPass (MTP), based on their respective categories. They must also undergo a 14-day quarantine at a Quarantine Centre stipulated by NADMA and MOH.
- Business travellers;
- Social Visit Pass holders; and
- New and renewal holders of the following who are currently abroad: Employment Pass (EP) / Professional Visit Pass (PVP) / Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) / Dependant Pass (DP)/ Long-Term Social LTSVP;
Malaysian citizens who are currently in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal are allowed to enter Malaysia, and are required to undergo a compulsory 14-day quarantine at a Quarantine Centre stipulated by NADMA and MOH.
However, Malaysia citizens are not allowed to travel to Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal.
Lastly, all exit and entry approvals that have been obtained through MyTravelPass, MyEntry or other entry approvals are null/voided.
The ESD has reminded that the above measures will be reviewed on a regular basis by the Government of Malaysia.
Photo / 123RF