In this new section, our readers can look forward to key updates from HR solution providers - from new product developments or launches, to industry moves and shake-ups.
ServiceNow launches Quebec release for Now platform
ServiceNow has unveiled the Now Platform Quebec release, introducing solutions that will better connect employees to the resources and tools they need while working from anywhere, such as:
- Universal Request provides employees with a single service experience across departments and enables cross-departmental collaboration.
- Listening Posts helps organisations capture survey feedback immediately, identifying points of improvement.
- Journey Accelerator enables managers to create personalised and consistent plans for their employees, including for onboarding, transfers and promotions.
- Updates to Workplace Service Delivery to help companies manage a safe and efficient workplace, including new wayfinding experiences for Workplace Space Mapping and Virtual Agent capabilities that enable employees to register visitors and submit workplace requests through a self-service chatbot.
ServiceNow is also introducing new Creator Workflows, featuring low-code development tools, which empower businesses to transform old, manual processes into modern, digital workflows at scale:
- App Engine Studio accelerates app development at scale with a fast, intuitive and guided low-code visual development environment that empowers people with no coding experience to collaborate and build applications.
- App Engine Templates give teams access to prebuilt workflow building blocks so citizen developers can get a head start on building apps even faster without having to start from scratch.
Chirantan 'CJ' Desai, Chief Product Officer, ServiceNow, said: "This newest version of the Now Platform further enhances the must-have enterprise digital tools customers need today."
Straits Interactive and SMU Academy launches data ethics and AI governance course
A new course titled 'Data Ethics and AI Governance Frameworks' has been launched for data protection professionals, by SMU Academy and Straits Interactive. The course curriculum covers the basics of business ethics, data ethics frameworks (such as trusted data sharing framework and ethical data ethics impact assessment), understanding AI, AI ethics and principles (from the European Union and OCEG) and IMDA’s Model AI Governance Framework. The course content has been mapped to the DPO Competency Framework and Training Roadmap developed by the Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC).
Kevin Shepherdson, CEO, Straits Interactive and Head of the Data Protection Excellence Network, said: "The convergence of big data, IoT and AI has implications on data privacy. However, there are also ethical implications when handling personal data that data protection officers and professionals should be aware of, for example, people not being aware that they are interacting with a company’s online web application or service.
"Besides those involved in data-driven technologies, we also decided to cater to those interested in emerging technologies because of the importance of the human-centric approach in governing AI solutions."
Jack Lim, Executive Director, SMU Academy, added: "Data Ethics and AI Governance Frameworks is one of six modules of our Advanced Certificate in Governance, Risk Management and Data Compliance. Catering to SMEs and professionals, this course will support of their digitalisation efforts as they navigate the post COVID-19 challenges."
AvePoint launches EduTech to improve higher education technology
AvePoint, Inc. has launched AvePoint EduTech, a SaaS education management system directly integrated with Microsoft 365 for educational institutions and commercial businesses with training and accreditation needs. The Singapore incorporated company's EduTech platform consists of three complementary software-as-a-service solutions that use Microsoft 365 as their foundation:
- Curricula: A learning management system integrated directly with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams that deepens collaboration and enables students to learn anytime, anywhere, on any device.
- Examena: An exam management system that uses facial recognition, AI anti-cheat systems and emergency offline mode along with other advanced technologies to ensure online exams are secure and fair. The solution also streamlines the exam process—from the logistics of arranging a testing venue to automated marking—for both online and physical exams.
- Vitae: A CRM and communications solution that streamlines how institutes of higher learning (IHLs) target, communicate, measure and manage the lifelong relationships of prospective students, alumni, donors, commercial partners and other key stakeholders. It integrates directly with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Dr. Tianyi Jiang, CEO and Co-founder, AvePoint, shared: "Exam solutions are simplistic; learning management solutions lack strong mobile-first, online collaboration functionality; and universities have been forced to patch together numerous disparate marketing tools to execute what should be simple student and alumni communication related tasks. EduTech will disrupt this status quo by taking Microsoft 365 and combining it with some of the most advanced technologies all tailored to the needs of higher education."
In further news, global Asian-based investor EDBI has invested in AvePoint, Inc. as it goes public. "Going public will allow us to scale our key growth vectors which include channel marketing, customer success initiatives, international markets and product innovation," said Dr. Jiang.
As such, the company aims to increase its penetration in the Asia Pacific region, with an emphasis on working with channel partners. AvePoint is investing into resources to support its channel goals as well as its partners from product to support. Much of this activity will be driven from the company’s Singapore office.
Chu Swee Yeok, CEO & President of EDBI, commented: "We are pleased to support AvePoint as it expands its activities here in support of Singapore’s digitalisation effort, notably the development and deployment of new software tools to help redefine digital education in Singapore and the Asia Pacific region."
iHire is acquiring WorkInSports
Sports employment hub WorkInSports will join iHire’s family of industry-focused talent brands, becoming the 57th industry-focused community on iHire’s recruitment platform. Both companies have signed a binding letter of intent as of end-March and expect the transaction to be completed in the coming weeks.
Post-acquisition, WorkInSports will be fully integrated with iHire’s platform, allowing job seekers in the sports industry to tap into iHire’s job matching technology, career resources, resume writing tools, and more. In addition, employers will be able to reach job candidates who are passionate about careers in sports by using iHire’s recruitment marketing technologies – including recruitment advertising, talent sourcing, and employer branding solutions.
Steve Flook, President and CEO, iHire said: "For more than two decades, iHire and WorkInSports have formed a strong relationship as two key players in the industry-specific talent acquisition market. We are thrilled to finally announce our plans to merge and will soon officially welcome WorkInSports to our family of talent communities."
John Mellor, Co-Founder and CEO, WorkInSports, added: "Like iHire, we’ve always believed in the importance of helping people to find work that is meaningful and rewarding. With aligned visions and missions, iHire and WorkInSports will operate in lockstep to assist job seekers and employers in connecting with each other."
iHire and WorkInSports will continue to provide forward-looking information about the merger to their stakeholders as it is available.
Kahoot! starts trading on the Oslo Stock Exchange main list
Learning platform company, Kahoot! has started trading on the Oslo Stock Exchange, under the ticket KAHOT.OL. This comes after it was listed on Euronext Growth in October 2019—an equity trading market for SMEs—and has since built a base of over 20,000 investors across Europe, US and Asia, including institutional and global investors such as SoftBank, Microsoft and Disney.
The Kahoot! Group has also expanded its learning platform with the acquisition of five companies, including award-winning apps DragonBox and Poio in 2019, the former taking math learning to the next level and the latter empowering kids to learn to read through play. Kahoot! acquired the employee engagement platform Actimo and the Drops language learning platform in 2020. This February, Kahoot! acquired Whiteboard.fi, an online whiteboard tool for all educators, teachers and classrooms.
Since its launch in 2013, Kahoot! has had more than 5bn cumulative players accessing its platform to date.
Eilert Hanoa, CEO, Kahoot!, said: "We are thrilled to mark this important milestone in Kahoot!’s journey as we take the next step toward our vision to become the leading learning platform in the world. We thank everyone who has contributed to our amazing journey, including our users, investors and our passionate team. We are looking forward to further expanding and strengthening our platform in the next phase of growth."
Photo / 123RF