"Informative, Interactive, Inspiring. The conference brings new ideas and insights about current issues in talent and HR management"
Join the seventh annual Talent Management Asia, Asia's leading HR strategy conference.
Register now for early-bird savings!
There are plenty of fantastic interview questions that you can ask to find the perfect candidate. Some questions are tougher while others are more cliché. But as an HR head just like most things you definitely have your favourite. Inc.com reached out to HR professionals to find out which questions are their favourites and why.
Candidates have a lot of advice on what to say to make themselves seem like the “perfect” fit in your eyes. But interviews are for you to at least try and get to know their character and work ethic. There are no right and wrong answers to any of these but depending on the way the person answers could tell you a lot about their personality, their strengths, weaknesses and ability to self-reflect.
1. What is the hardest thing you’ve ever done?
2. When have you experienced stellar customer service, and how did that change how you deal with customers?
3. What is your personal definition of success?
4. Tell me about a time when you felt a change needed to be made in how something was done. How did you come to this conclusion, and how did you get support for the change?
5. Tell me about a time you had to learn a new skill: What was your process, what did you learn about yourself, and what was the end result?
6. Up to this point in your life, what is the achievement you are the most proud of?
7. Tell me about a time when you felt like a hero.
8. Are you smart, or do you work hard?
9. What position would you play on a soccer team?
10. How will I know you’re struggling?” or “How will I know you need help?
ALSO READ: Oddball questions by Hong Kong interviewers