HR Masterclass Series: High-level HR strategy training workshops
with topics ranging from Analytics, to HR Business Partnering, Coaching, Leadership, Agile Talent and more.
Review the 2020 masterclasses here »
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020 – based on 13 carefully calibrated performance indicators that measure an institution’s performance across teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook – was released this week.
The University of Oxford topped the rankings for the fourth consecutive year, while 64% of the institutions in the UK ranked in the top 200 of the table have dropped at least one place.
Meanwhile, Asia, especially China, has strengthened its position in the rankings.
Tsinghua and Peking universities are positioned in 23rd and 24th place respectively, overtaking the crown of best university in Asia from the National University of Singapore (25th).
In Hong Kong, five universities have entered the list, with University of Hong Kong securing 35th place. Other institutions have declined between four and 16 places.
Ellie Bothwell, global rankings editor at Times Higher Education, commented: “Hong Kong’s excellent performance in our World University Rankings is always worthy of praise, but it is disappointing that the region’s institutions have declined this year – especially when there have been such strong gains in Mainland China.”
World University Rankings 2020
1. University of Oxford (United Kingdom)
2. California Institute of Technology (United States)
3. University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
4. Stanford University (United States)
5. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (United States)
6. Princeton University (United States)
7. Harvard University (United States)
8. Yale University (United States)
9. University of Chicago (United States)
10. Imperial College London (United Kingdom)
11. University of Pennsylvania (United States)
12. Johns Hopkins University (United States)
13. University of California, Berkeley (United States)
13. ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
15. UCL (United Kingdom)
16. Columbia University (United States)
17. University of California, Los Angeles(United States)
18. University of Toronto (Canada)
19. Cornell University(United States)
20. Duke University(United States)
21. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (United States)
22. Northwestern University (United States)
23. Tsinghua University (China)
24. Peking University (China)
25. National University of Singapore (Singapore)
35. University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
36. The University of Tokyo (Japan)
47. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Hong Kong)
48. Nanyang Technological University Singapore (Singapore)
57. Chinese University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
64. Seoul National University (South Korea)
65. Kyoto University (Japan)
80. University of Science and Technology of China (China)
89. Sungkyunkwan University (South Korea)
107. Zhejiang University (China)
109. Fudan University (China)
110. Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (South Korea)
120. National Taiwan University (Taiwan)
126. City University of Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
144. Nanjing University (China)
146. Pohang University of Science and Technology (South Korea)
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »