Just in time to start the new year, we at Human Resources are excited to bring to you a curated selection of some our most-read interviews with HR leaders from 2017.
In this special edition of our HR Bulletin, we’ve put together 10 interviews our team conducted during the past year – to make for some easy reading during the festive season, and to provide some food for thought as you make a mental note of your priorities for 2018.
Please click below for the HR interviews, i.e. Snapshot:1. Snapshot: Jennifer Van Dale, head of employment, Eversheds Hong Kong
I do not like terms such as 'talent', 'human capital', 'team members, 'partners' (unless it’s a partnership) or any of the other euphemisms that we use for 'people'.
2. Snapshot: Sean Goh, regional head of HR, Mizuho Bank
Instead of saying “it can’t be done”, let’s replace it with “sure, let’s do it!”
3. Snapshot: Jorge Osorio, head of human resources, Citi Singapore
I never imagined that a career in HR could be so enriching and am thankful for the learning opportunities that I encounter every day.
4. Snapshot: Sharmeel Kaur, head of HR, Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia
I was instrumental in setting up a programme to recruit undergrads who were unemployable and disabled, but who were not visually or hearing impaired.
5. Snapshot: Rumki Fernandes, regional director – talent and HR, APMEA, Grey Group
I believe that the relationships one builds in the organisation carry great weight and go a long way.
6. Snapshot: Bessie Chong, director, group training and talent management, Esquel Group
To me, training is like performing arts. I enjoy the spotlight of getting 'on stage'.
7. Snapshot: Chandralakshmi Thiruchelvam, head of rewards and HR services, Heineken Malaysia
While the work we HR practitioners do is definitely important, it is not life or death in nature and we should always aim to balance work and our personal life well.
8. Snapshot: Jillian Cheong, director of human resources, YOTEL
Digital technologies facilitate the internal development and awareness of the steps we need to strengthen our teams.
9. Snapshot: Kris Herring, director of learning, Asia Pacific, Hyatt International
Change and transition are not easy, so I try to manage this by being empathetic with my business partners.
10. Snapshot: Foo Wah Teng, HR director, Amgen Singapore Manufacturing
There probably is no hotter topic in the world of global business than talent.
If you enjoyed these interviews, you can also stay posted on our latest news and conversations by following Human Resources on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn, or signing up for our daily HR Bulletin.
Tidings of joy and success for you and your team in 2018!
- Human Resources team
Photo / StockUnlimited
Follow us on Telegram and on Instagram @humanresourcesonline for all the latest HR and manpower news from around the region!