The PIVOT programme, launched yesterday by NTUC, is a one-stop service to help professionals, managers and executives (PMEs) in Singapore with network building, emotional support and re-skilling to better prepare them to be transited into a new job role or industry.
With this new initiative, job seekers can seek guidance from a strong community of over 60 industry volunteers across 16 industries to provide peer-to-peer support and share industry insights. The volunteers are part of the extensive NTUC network comprising professional associations under U Associate programme (U Associates).
A series of monthly industry talks and networking opportunities will guide the PMEs in identifying their career options, primed with training programmes to keep up with the shifts in required skills and increase their skills inventory, leading to enhanced employment and career opportunities offered by the labour movement network and beyond.
Suitable for PMEs who are actively looking for job or planning a career switch; the programme allows job seekers to learn more about future skills and jobs to gain a head start in future-proofing their careers.
Participating U associates and industriesThe following U Associates from 16 different industries will be participating in the PIVOT commencing on 13 March 2017. More industries and U associates will follow in the later months of 2017.
- CPA Australia
- Singapore Association of Administrative Professionals
- Singapore Cybersports & Online Gaming Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (Singapore Section)
- The Institution of Engineers, Singapore
- Singapore Institute of Building Limited
- Financial Planning Association of Singapore
- Insurance and Financial Practitioners Association of Singapore
- Singapore Psychological Society
- Youth Works Association (Singapore)
- Human Capital (Singapore)
- Singapore Human Resources Institute
- Singapore Computer Society
- IT Service Management Forum
- IT Management Association
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Project Management Institute, Singapore Chapter
- Institute of Estate Agents, Singapore
- International Facility Management Association
- Singapore Estate Agents Association
- Singapore Institution of Safety Officers
- Singapore Sales Professional Association
- Supply Chain Asia
- Sustainable Energy Association of Singapore