Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »
According to CareerBuilder hiring managers know who they will hire within the first five minutes of an interview and just 8% of interviewers said they will give candidates half an hour before making up their minds. With that said the job portal site compiled a list of the worst interview deal breakers, have you face any of these?
When it comes to body language these were the biggest mistakes identified by human resources professionals.
And finally, these were these most absurd interview moments experienced by a hiring manager that turned them right off the potential hire.
- A candidate that did not have the skills to do the job and stated, “Fake it until you make it” as his personal philosophy.
- A Candidate asked the interviewer if she was qualified to be doing her job.
- A candidate asked for a cocktail.
- A candidate asked to taste the interviewer’s coffee.
- A candidate called a government job “something government-y.”
- A candidate came to interview wearing slippers.
- A candidate wore a Darth Vader outfit to the interview.
- A candidate spent a lot of time quoting Dwight D. Eisenhower, which had nothing to do with the position he was interviewing for.
- A candidate leaned far forward with his head down during the first five minutes of the interview.
- A candidate offered the interviewer pumpkins and said they transfer good energy.
- A candidate pulled out a bag of drugs with his keys.
- A candidate broke out in song in the middle of the interview.
ALSO READ: Late interviewee ‘attacks’ MTR staff
Don't miss the opportunity to shout about your successes in recruitment and talent acquisition - the Asia Recruitment Awards is
the only regional awards to celebrate the best in-house teams and recruitment solution providers.