HR Vendors of the Year Awards is back again for its 5th year with a fascinating gala night to celebrate the best HR vendors in Hong Kong. Winning is both an affirmation of the exceptional quality of your work in the industry and among peers. Enter Awards now
Contact us now for more details.
There has been a 48% increase in demand for human resources talent in Singapore in the last 12 months, according to Michael Page’s Salary Benchmark Report 2019. The industries with the highest demand for HR professionals in Singapore are:
- Business services
- E-commerce and technology start-ups
- Industrial / manufacturing
- Fast moving consumer goods (FMCGs)
- Financial services
The report provides insights on both the roles as well as skills in demand for HR professionals in 2019 across Singapore:
HR roles in demand – Singapore 2019
- Human resources manager
- Learning & talent development manager
- Talent acquisition manager
- Compensation & benefits senior manager
Trending HR skills – Singapore 2019
- Employee branding and recruitment metrics dashboard management
- Implementation of HR systems and analytics
The data for the report is pulled from Michael Page’s database that captures job advertisements and placements from August 2017 to July 2018, and incorporates salary increase projections for 2019.
In light of these insights, the top 3 hiring trends for HR professionals in Singapore this year are:
- Demand is increasing for qualified talent acquisition leads.
- HR business partners are increasingly required to be strategic, yet operationally hands-on.
- HRIS and HR analytics roles are trending. However, there is shortage of professionals with this expertise.
The report also details the expected salaries, whereby HR professionals can look forward to a 8-12% average salary increase when switching jobs across similar industries.
Meanwhile, in the banking & financial services sector, the following are the annual base salary ranges across a host of HR roles (full data in table below):
- Head of HR – S$220,000-300,000
- Talent Acquisition Director – S$180,000-230,000
- Head of Compensation & Benefits – S$160,000-250,000
In the commerce & industry sector, the following are the annual base salary ranges across a host of HR roles (full data in table below):
- Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) – S$250,000-300,000
- Head of Compensation & Benefits – S$220,000-260,000
- Talent Acquisition Director – S$200,000-250,000
Photos / Michael Page