HR Masterclass Series: High-level HR strategy training workshops
with topics ranging from Analytics, to HR Business Partnering, Coaching, Leadership, Agile Talent and more.
Review the 2020 masterclasses here »
If the developments at Uber over the last few months have taught us anything, it’s that leadership matters. While Travis Kalanick arguably provides an example of what not to do, there are plenty of CEOs out there doing a great job, and being appreciated for it.
One of those leaders is Benno Dorer, CEO of The Clorox Company and this years number one on Glassdoor’s list of top ten highest rated CEOs in the US. The list is based on the input of employees who voluntarily provide anonymous feedback by reviewing their company and its CEO online.
This year’s top ten highest rated CEOs in the US are:
- Benno Dorer, The Clorox Company – 99% approval
- Jim Kavanaugh, World Wide Technology – 99% approval
- Michael F. Mahoney, Boston Scientific – 99% approval
- Craig B. Thompson, Memorial Sloan Kettering – 99% approval
- Martin Rankin, Fast Enterprises – 99% approval
- Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA – 99% approval
- Bob Bechek, Bain & Company – 98% approval
- Elon Musk, SpaceX – 98% approval
- Brian Halligan, HubSpot – 98% approval
- Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook – 98% approval
Like last year, the top ten features no female CEOs, and only eight women made it into the top 100 for 2017. They include Enterprise Holdings’ Pamela M. Nicholson at number 21, In-N-Out Burger’s Lynsi Snyder at number 36, and Deloitte’s Cathy Engelbert at number 40.
Commenting on the results, Glassdoor co-founder and CEO Robert Hogman said: “We know that CEO approval ratings correlate to overall employee satisfaction and trust in senior leadership, which contributes to long-term employee engagement, ultimately helping an employer’s recruiting and retention efforts.”
The Glassdoor CEO himself enjoys an approval rating of 90%. Among the more than 700,000 employers reviewed on Glassdoor, the average is 67%.
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »