From 21 to 30 June, sectors affected by the latest Phase 3 (Heightened Alert) measures will receive 10% in JSS payouts.
This extension comes in view of the continued closure of various activities until 20 June as part of Phase 3 (Heightened Alert), and will apply to the affected sectors, the Taskforce noted.
The following will apply:
- From 21 to 30 June, the affected sectors will receive 10% JSS support.
- For taxi and private hire car drivers, the Government will extend the COVID-19 Driver Relief Fund for three more months at S$300 per month per vehicle for two months, and S$150 per month per vehicle for the next one month.
The enhanced JSS was first announced by the Ministry of Finance on 31 May, in view of Phase Two (Heightened Alert).
With that enhancement, businesses affected by the measures, due to reduced or suspended operations from 16 May to 13 June 2021, were entitled to one of two tiers of JSS: 50% and 30%.
These businesses come from the following sectors, in total:
- Food and beverage (licensed food shops and food stalls)
- Performing arts & arts education
- Sports (gyms & sports facilities)
- Qualifying retail outlets (not eligible - supermarkets, convenience stores, and online retailers)
- Cinema operators
- Museums, art galleries, & historical sites
- Family entertainment centres
- Affected personal care services
Photo / 123RF