These online payments would thus reduce the need for physical documents, in-person payments, as well as reduce visits to the Immigration and MYXpats Centre.
In a recent update on 1 October 2021, the Expatriate Services Division of the Immigration Department of Malaysia has announced five new changes to the Expatriate Employment (EP) and Professional Visit Pass (PVP) application process. Employers can expect the following changes, which will take effect on 15 November:
- Online endorsements and payment - Online endorsements and online payment facilities will be available on the ESD Portal for payment of immigration fees. This will reduce the need for physical documents, in-person payments, as well as reduce visits to the Immigration and MYXpats Centre. Payments can now be made through internet banking or credit/debit cards.
- Pass sticker delivery for EP and PVP, or other related passes.
- A newly-established ESD Satellite Centre at the Kuala Lumper International Airport 1 to endorse approved passes for eligible pass holders.
- Improvement to ESD Portal features, to streamline existing processes. Employers would only have to upload documents online for endorsement of passes. All notifications will also be sent through the system.
- MYXpats Centre - The opening of the new MYXpats Centre in Penang is scheduled for Q1 of 2022.
Apart from the above, the service fees have also been revised, as follows:
ONLINE SERVICES (NEW & RENEWAL)
NEW FEE (excluding 6% SST)
EMPLOYMENT PASS (EP)
DEPENDENT PASS (DP)
LONG-TERM SOCIAL VISIT PASS (LTSVP under EP)
PROFESSIONAL VISIT PASS (PVP)
TRANSFER OF ENDORSEMENT (TOE)
CANCELLATION OF PASSES, SPECIAL PASS
FREE OF CHARGE
Further information on the above will be released prior to the commencement date.
Lead image / 123RF
Table / ESD