Forbes Human Resources Council had recently gathered 13 HR experts to discuss trends they expect to see in the second half of 2020, and Human Resources has ranked them based on the HR community in Hong Kong:
1. Improvement in workplace technology systems
"We expect to see improvements in workplace technology systems. With the drastic changes that organisations had to implement recently, having better collaboration tools, remote connectivity platforms (i.e., VPNs) and stronger IT infrastructures will be key. Additionally, enhanced employee training will be essential, so that employees are better equipped to transition both in/out of office effectively with little to no disruptions," said Jennifer Beezer, SPHR, SHRM-CP, FOREO Inc.
2. Changes in employer-sponsored health plans
COVID-19 will force much-needed change in employer-sponsored health plans — a fundamental change in how employers and employees share in both cost and benefits’ value. The incentive for change is strong, and the data and technology we need to do it exist. As a result, more employers will embrace better plan design based on the tenets of personalization, choice, flexibility and cost certainty. - Jenna Obrycki Upgren, Bind Benefits, Inc.
3. A focus on mental health and wellbeing
A focus on mental health and well-being would become a central part of the HR agenda. Emotional well-being — not just financial incentives — would be a factor a prospective candidate would look for in the employer value proposition. Emotional well-being, not onsite perks, would define what a great place to work would look like. - Vineet Gambhir, Contemporary Leadership Advisors
4. Improvement of employee experience
5. Heightened interest in workplace culture
6. Continued caution in hiring
7. More focus on the remote work experience
8. Growing importance of WFH
9. More emphasis on L&D
10. HR leaders as culture champions
11. A greater focus on the human element
12. Bigger focus on diversity, equity and inclusion
13. More organisations speaking on social issues
Follow us on Telegram and on Instagram @humanresourcesonline for all the latest HR and manpower news from around the region!