The highest rates will be in Chon Buri, Rayong, and Phuket, at THB354; while the lowest will be in Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat, Nan, and Udon Thani (THB328).
Thailand's Ministry of Labour (MOL) will raise the daily minimum wage by an average of 5.02% effective 1 October 2022 (1 October 2565 BE; Saturday), following a meeting of the National Wage Committee in August.
This will be the first time the nation has raised the daily minimum wage, since 1 January 2020 (1 January 2563 BE).
In a press release on Wednesday (31 August 2022), MOL said the highest rates will be in Chon Buri, Rayong, and Phuket, at THB354; while the lowest will be in Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat, Nan, and Udon Thani (THB328).
Overall, these will be the new daily minimum wage rates in Thailand effective 1 October:
- Chon Buri, Rayong, and Phuket: THB354
- Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, and Samut Sakhon: THB353
- Chachoengsao: THB345
- Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya: THB343
- Prachinburi, Nong Khai, Ubon Ratchathani, Phang Nga, Krabi, Trat, Khon Kaen, Chiang Mai, Suphan Buri, Songkhla, Surat Thani, Nakhon Ratchasima, Lop Buri, and Saraburi: THB340
- Mukdahan, Kalasin, Sakon Nakhon, Samut Songkhram, Chanthaburi and Nakhon Nayok: THB338
- Phetchabun, Kanchanaburi, Bueng Kan, Chainat, Nakhon Phanom, Phayao Surin, Yasothon, Roi Et, Loei, Phatthalung, Uttaradit, Nakhon Sawan, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phitsanulok, Ang Thong, Sa Kaeo, Buriram, and Phetchaburi: THB335
- Amnat Charoen, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai, Trang, Sisaket, Nong Bua Lamphu, Uthai Thani, Lampang, Lamphun, Chumphon, Maha Sarakham, Sing Buri, Satun, Phrae, Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Phet, Ratchaburi, Tak, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Chaiyaphum, Ranong and Phichit: THB332
- Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat, Nan, and Udon Thani: THB328
According to MOL, the rates were "determined based on equality for employeers to be able to do business, allowing employees to live happily, and increasing purchasing power within the country."
The Wage Committee has also proposed that when the minimum wage rate for 2022 has been set, the government take measures to reduce the impact of the minimum wage adjustment in costs to businesses, bring this matter to the Cabinet for consideration, and assign the relevant ministries to proceed.
Image / Ministry of Labour