The Hong Kong government has extended the use of the LeaveHomeSafe mobile app to all restaurants in the city
Starting from December 9 the public will be required to use the government's LeaveHomeSafe mobile app in order to dine in at restaurants all over the city and scan the QR code before entering the premises.
This means that people can no longer write down their personal details and will not be able to enter without the app. Last month the Hong Kong government implemented the same measures for entering government buildings.
The government has said people had previously left fake details when filling in the paper forms. Meanwhile, the social distancing measures currently in place will be maintained for 14 days until December 8.
"We will closely liaise with the relevant trades in the coming two weeks to ensure the smooth implementation of the measure," the government said in a statement. "The public should comply with the requirement to further enhance the anti-epidemic capacity of Hong Kong."
This comes on the back of a mainland delegation to the city this week who inspected the SAR's covid-19 restriction measures. The Hong Kong government will meet their mainland counterparts on Thursday in preparation for quarantine free travel across the border.
“I’ve learned that during their visit, the experts have asked about details of our anti-epidemic work," Hong Kong Chief Carrie Lam said at a press conference. "The expert team’s visit to Hong Kong is the key to reopening the border gradually and orderly as soon as possible."
"With vaccination a crucial part of the local anti-epidemic strategy, we will review and implement additional measures to increase the vaccination rate," the government added. "Including the possibility of extending the scope of the "vaccine bubble" and closely monitor the vaccination enhancement measures adopted in the Mainland and overseas."
70% of the Hong Kong population have now received at least one dose of the covid-19 vaccine.
Image / leavehomesafe