This is the first time The Hong Kong Jockey Club has snatched the top spot.
In a survey of job seekers’ and workers' perceptions of employer brands in Hong Kong, The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC), Cushman and Wakefield, and The Hong Kong and China Gas Company (Towngas) have been crowned as Hong Kong's top three most attractive employers respectively.
This is the first time The Hong Kong Jockey Club has snatched the top spot. Respondents have cited it being "financially healthy", "gives back to society", and "job security" as the top three EVP drivers.
Here's the full list: 10 most attractive employers in Hong Kong:
1. The Hong Kong Jockey Club
2. Cushman and Wakefield
3. Towngas (The Hong Kong and China Gas Company)
4. Swire Properties
6. HK Electric
8. Morgan Stanley
9. UBS Bank
10. J.P. Morgan
Natellie Sun, Managing Director of Search & Selection at Randstad Greater China, commented, “It is clearly an unprecedented challenge for employers to increase the quality of their engagement with employees and job seekers while managing the ramifications of dampened business sentiments and global lockdowns. However, those who had successfully built meaningful relationships with their employees would emerge stronger in the new normal."
The survey also featured 12 sectoral winners:
- Energy: Towngas
- Property & real estate: Cushman and Wakefield
- Professional services: IBM
- Luxury & retail: LVMH
- Transportation: MTR
- Fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) & consumer: Esteé Lauder
- Banking & financial services: Morgan Stanley
- Infocomm & technology: IBM
- Dining, leisure & hospitality: The Hong Kong Jockey Club
- Insurance: Manulife International
- Engineering & construction: Jardine Engineering Corporation
- Trading & logistics: DHL
The 2021 Randstad Employer Brand Research examines job seekers’ and workers' perceptions of employer brands. This year, 2,630 locally-based employees and job seekers were surveyed in January 2021.
Photo/ The Standard