"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry. A display of the best of the best!"
Start your entries preparation early.
Open to both in-house recruitment & talent acquisition teams and recruitment solution providers.
Refusing to take the blame and being the first to take credit are among the worst behaviours of bosses according to a recent survey of employees on their experience with bad bosses.
Bosses with acid tongues are also highly unpopular among employees. A post on Hong Kong Discussion Group shared some of the most hurtful things bosses have said to employees. Perhaps not surprisingly, most of the vicious quotes from bosses are related to employees doing overtime – a never-ending battle in Hong Kong offices.
We’ve highlighted a number of them here.
- “Where were you last night when I need you to do overtime? If you don’t want to work. Get out!”
- “Do overtime if you are not able to finish on time. I pay you a salary.”
- “Don’t bother to explain. It’s rubbish anyway.”
- “You are being paid to do your job!”
- “You have nothing to do during your time off, why don’t you come to the office?”
- “Anyway, …” – A classic phrase used by bosses demanding employees to do things their way. All the “open” discussions that were held meant nothing. Obey the boss.
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »