The government has encouraged businesses to do the same to reduce the amount of people in the community.
The Hong Kong SAR government has implemented new work arrangements for its employees from 25 January 2022 in light of the latest epidemic situation.
In a press release on Monday (24 January), the Civil Service Bureau said it issued guidelines to Hong Kong's bureaux and departments to review the demand for their services and operational needs to implement new special work arrangements with a view to reducing the number of staff present at the same time in the office while maintaining public services and not affecting anti-epidemic work.
"Such arrangements may include allowing some of their staff to take turns to work from home as far as possible," a government spokesperson said in the release. "As a result, there may be a temporary reduction in the provision of some of the public services offered by individual departments."
The spokesperson also appealed to employers to allow their staff members to work from home as far as possible so as to reduce the flow of people and social contact in the community.
While individual departments will arrange what services may be affected by reducing the flow of people in government buildings, the government has asked the public to use other means such as the post, drop-in boxes or online channels, to receive the services they need.
Other measures will stay in place, including wearing masks, social distancing measures, temperature checks. and use of the LeaveHomeSafe app.
A number of buildings were placed under mandatory five-day lockdown over the weekend as local transmissions occurred in a public housing estate. The cluster at Kwai Chung Estate has grown to over 200 confirmed or suspected cases. Hong Kong recorded 109 new Covid-19 cases on Monday, 98 of them being local infections.
So far 70% of the Hong Kong population has received at least one vaccination dose, 63.5% are considered fully vaccinated with two doses, and 10.6% have received a booster shot.
Image / 123rf