Walk-in registrations began on 22 November. The booster dose is currently being administered to individuals who have been fully vaccinated with Pfizer for at least six months, or Sinovac for at least three months.
Walk-in registrations for individuals in Malaysia to receive their COVID-19 booster shots began yesterday (Monday, 22 November 2021). In line with that, ProtectHealth and the COVID-19 Vaccine Supply Assurance Special Committee (JKJAV) have reiterated the steps to register on a backup waitlist.
These are as follows:
- Step #1: Visit ProtectHealth's website to find your nearest private vaccination centre (PPV).
- Step #2: Register yourself via walk-in to PPV, a phone call, or email to the PPV.
- Step #3: Provide the following details:
- Contact details
- Date of the second dose
- Vaccine type
- Step #4: Wait for the PPV to contact you.
JKJAV has highlighted that the booster dose is currently being administered to individuals who have been fully vaccinated with Pfizer for at least six months, or Sinovac for at least three months.
Additionally, individuals aged 12 and above who haven't been vaccinated can also register at just one PPV listed to get vaccinated.
ProtectHealth has further added that MySejahtera will still continue giving out appointments, so individuals are to keep track on the app.
To recap, the walk-in registration has been implemented for:
- Individuals eligible for booster doses;
- Individuals who wish to get an injection in advance before an appointment;
- Individuals who have not yet received the first or second dose of COVID-19 vaccine;
- Individuals who missed a vaccination appointment, and
- Adolescents between the ages of 12-17 who have not completed their vaccinations.
However, individuals who are currently eligible are:
- Health, safety, and defence frontline personnel;
- Individuals aged 40 years and above;
- Individuals 18 years and older with comorbidities;
- Residents and staff at long-term health centres;
- Pregnant women, and
- Individuals who need to travel overseas.
Image / ProtectHealth