Singapore Computer Society (SCS), the nation’s largest body for infocomm and digital media (ICM) professionals, conducted a poll with 343 ICM professionals and students to find out what motivates them to work and what they consider a “culture of success”.
These are the key findings from the poll –
Top five traits that respondents believe are most important to organisational culture:
- Open-minded management who are willing to accept new ideas – 65%
- Have a collegial environment that is grounded in kinship – 59%
- Have a culture of open communication – 53%
- Employees are empowered to have a sense of ownership – 50%
- Have inspiring leaders – 49%
Factors that Singaporeans look out for during a job hunt:
- Job scope/Duty of Role – 36%
- Opportunity for advancement – 33%
- Working environment – 31%
HR policies and practices that are important to respondents:
- Work-life balance – 83%
- Friendly work environment – 62%
- Good compensation and benefits – 65%
Photos / Singapore Computer Society
Are you using the best vendors and HR solutions providers in Asia?
Human Resources only recommends companies listed in the
HR Vendors of the Year Awards.