"Informative, Interactive, Inspiring. The conference brings new ideas and insights about current issues in talent and HR management"
Join the seventh annual Talent Management Asia, Asia's leading HR strategy conference. Register now for super early-bird savings!
– With inputs from Naomi Cranswick
Certified HR professionals in Singapore now have a new base to look forward to – with the official opening of the Institute for Human Resource Professionals’ (IHRP) new office on 6 April.
The ceremony to inaugurate the new office was attended by Human Resources, held at the Lifelong Learning Institute in Eunos. Also marking the occasion was the conferment of IHRP certifications to 300 HR practitioners for this year.
Singapore’s second minister for manpower, Josephine Teo, congratulated the newly-minted HR professionals, adding: “This increasing pool of certified HR practitioners is already making a difference to their workplaces, equipped with their new knowledge, and a better understanding of effective HR practices – they are applying their competencies and skills to support the business.”
The professionals were certified across three categories:
- Certified HR Professional (CP) – 234 professionals in the current batch
- Certified Senior HR Professional (SP) – 88 professionals in the current batch
- Certified Master HR Professional (MP) – 10 professionals in the current batch
New batch of Certified HR Professionals (CPs) – non-exhaustive list:
- Ang Gin Yin, Abbott Laboratories
- Aver Lim, Accenture
- Pranoti Shende, Apar Technologies
- Lim Swee Leng, Bank of Singapore
- Lee Sin Ying, Becton Dickinson Medical Singapore
- Agnes Cassandra Lee, DBS Bank
- Cindy Low, Defence Science and Technology Agency
New batch of Certified Senior HR Professionals (SPs) – non-exhaustive list:
- Varuna Pandey, Axis Bank, Singapore branch
- Wong Tsu Chi Claire, DHL Global Forwarding
- Jeethu Syriac, Farrer Park Hospital
- Jessica Lee, Harley-Davidson Asia Pacific
- Tham Chien Ping, Lazada Group
- Appandairajan Krishnakumar, Mastercard Asia Pacific
- Rachel Foo Ai Phang, Merck
- Lim Zhi Rong, Unilever
New batch of Certified Master HR Professionals (MPs) – non-exhaustive list:
- Tan Kwang Cheak, Agency for Integrated Care (Singapore)
- Yeo Meng Hin, DHL Global Forwarding Management (Asia Pacific)
- Robert Chong, Keppel Corporation
- Jason Ho, OCBC Bank
- Derek Tan, Singapore Tourism Board
- Dr Jaclyn Lee, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Aileen Tan, Singtel
All photos / Journalist’s own
"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry! A display of the best of the best!"
Submit your entries for the Asia Recruitment Awards before 22 February 2019.