With organisations focusing on hiring top talent for their business, HR professionals will continue to play a vital role in engaging the best fit in the interest of the organisation.
This is particularly so with a prevailing challenge of a skills mismatch between the candidate and company, which has been found to have the largest impact on job application outcomes in Singapore, as showcased in the Kelly Services 2019 Salary Guide.
In fact, skills mismatch outranked the five other possible mismatches studied in the Ministry of Trade and Industry’s Economic Survey of Singapore Third Quarter 2018 – industry, occupation, education, salary and experience.
Thus, with these responsibilities on their shoulders, the role of HR also faces high demand today-with these identified as the most in-demand HR roles in 2019:
- HR business partner
- HR generalist/specialist
- Manager, talent acquisition
- Senior payroll executive/payroll executive
Further, the following is the salary guide for HR roles in 2019, per month:
To summarise the key highlights from the graphic above:
- Regional HR directors with more than 10 years of experience can take home S$10,000-18,000 per month. Meanwhile, HR directors with more than 10 years of experience can look forward to S$10,400-15,000 per month.
- For HR business partners with 3-7 years of experience, salaries are in the range of S$4,000-11,500 per month.
- Among manager roles, a C&B manager with 5-8 years of experience can earn between S$6,500-9,000 per month, while a talent acquisition manager with 3-5 years of experience can anticipate between S$4,500-7,000 per month.