HR Masterclass Series: High-level HR strategy training workshops
with topics ranging from Analytics, to HR Business Partnering, Coaching, Leadership, Agile Talent and more.
Review the 2020 masterclasses here »
#BalanceForBetter is an incredibly relevant theme in today’s times, where political, economic, business, and social environments call for a collective, unified actions to build a better future.
For us at the workplace, balance is not a women’s issue but a business issue. As the International Women’s Day (IWD) website puts it: “The race is on for the gender-balanced boardroom, a gender-balanced government, gender-balanced media coverage, a gender-balance of employees, more gender-balance in wealth, gender-balanced sports coverage …”
The list is endless but the struggle should not be. This International Women’s Day, let’s reaffirm our promise to build a gender-balanced workforce, that not only reflects diversity in all forms, but actually celebrates it. Happy International Women’s Day to all our readers!
To build awareness around this business need, we at Human Resources spoke to more than 100 HR and non-HR leaders across Asia, to find out: how their organisations are inculcating gender-balanced policies, how they personally are ensuring this in the society, and their advice to their younger selves.
The first of those articles is already available, and we will be presenting these incredible insights in a 16-part series all through March and April 2019, so stay tuned!
We are also running a specially curated version of our daily e-newsletter, HR Bulletin, so do sign up if you haven’t already.
We leave you with this selection of stories around diversity and inclusion at the workplace, and we hope you can share this and empower your teams with the knowledge to take action.
1. How to celebrate International Women’s Day at work without going overboard
2. Power-packed songs to play this International Women’s Day
3. Pearls of wisdom: Career advice from women leaders to their younger selves
4. What to share with your employees on International Women’s Day (email greetings)
5. Just 39% of women feel their bosses always have their back, compared to 50% of men
6. Want more diversity in the workplace? Do these 5 things
7. Faces of HR: Sanofi’s Annie Lim on 5 things commonly overlooked for D&I
8. 26 Asian firms that excel in gender equality
9. Differences between men and women are vastly exaggerated
10. Research: Make salaries transparent to reduce the gender pay gap