"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry. A display of the best of the best!"
Start your entries preparation early.
Open to both in-house recruitment & talent acquisition teams and recruitment solution providers.
According to a press release, the inaugural SkillsFuture Fellowships and SkillsFuture Employer Awards ceremony was recently held where 27 individuals and 14 employers were presented the awards from President Tony Tan Keng Yam, the patron for both awards.
The SkillsFuture Fellowships recognise and support Singaporeans who have displayed skills mastery in their respective fields as well as personal commitment to mentorship and the skills development of others.
This first batch of SkillsFuture Fellowships was presented to 27 recipients from various industries such as early childhood care and education, healthcare, design, air transport and manufacturing.
The monetary award of S$10,000 will support them in their lifelong journey of skills mastery. Additionally, up to 100 SkillsFuture Fellowships will be given out annually. Here are the recipients of the SkillsFuture Fellowships:
- Chee Sau Fen, designer and founder, Heads of State Millinery
- Choo Yilin, CEO and founder, Choo Yilin Artisan Jewellery
- Fang Weai Tracy, senior training and development manager, Wing Tai Retail Management
- Fatimah Binte Mohsin, working director, Fatimah Mohsin The Wedding Gallery
- Han Tat Toon, master technical specialist, SBS Transit
- Lee Jek Chong Gary, head and principal audiologist, Jurong Health Services
- Lee Lee Sian, senior occupational therapist/clinical educator lead, Institure of Mental Health
- Lim Boon Leong, chief bus captain, SBS Transit
- Lye Wai Yu Jacqueline, principal, St James’ Church Kindergarten
- Mohamad Nazir bin Sani, executive (O&M supt-technical training), Senoko Energy
- Muhamad Fadil S/O Abu Bakar, customer services trainer, SATS
- Narayanasamy Pushpavalli, principal, Ramakrishna Mission Sarada Kindergarten
- Neo Chin Wei, shoemaker/designer/founder, Guild of Crafts
- Ng Swee San, president, Screenwriters Association (Singapore); and adjunct screenwriting lecturer, LASALLE College of the Arts
- Pek Lian Guan, CEO and executive director, Tiong Seng Holdings
- Rama Kerisna, trainer, dnata Singapore
- Ramachandran Nayar Ajayan, regional head of people development, HR, Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific
- Rossli Bin Abdul Rahim, senior trainer, SATS
- Sim Kiang Lee Thomas, group CEO, Topocean Consolidation Service (S)
- Sim Tzi Yong, transfer pricing geo Leader, EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Japan, IBM
- Tan Hee Meng Heman, chief culinary officer, Fei Siong Group
- Tan Kog Kng, clinical director, Living Wholeness Singapore
- Tan Wee Khiang, assistant vice president, PSA Corporation
- Tay Tien Seng, principal fellow, SMRT Corporation
- Teo Boon See, medical director/family physician, Camry Medical Centre
- Teo Lian Choo Geralding, group professional practices Officer, NTUC First Campus; and centre director, The Caterpillar’s Cove Child Development and Study Centre
- Wong Chow Lee Thomas, mentor and chief technical director, Thomas Wong Bespoke
Meanwhile, the SkillsFuture Employer Awards recognise employers which have made significant efforts in investing in the skills development of their employees and have developed skills-based career pathways for their employees.
Comprising of small and medium enterprises, as well as larger companies from industries such as food services, financial, retail, air transport and manufacturing, the 14 awardees have displayed a strong commitment to employee development and are strong advocates for building a culture of lifelong learning in their workplaces. Up to 30 SkillsFuture Employer Awards will be given out annually at a steady state. Here are the recipients of the SkillsFuture Employer Awards:
- BreadTalk Group
- DBS Bank
- Enviably Me
- Infineon Technologies Asia Pacific
- MTQ Engineering
- NTUC FairPrice Co-operative
- On Cheong Company
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation
- PSA Corporation
- Shell Eastern Petroleum
- Singapore Airlines
- Wing Tai Holdings
- YCH Group
The SkillsFuture Fellowships and Employer Awards are the result of tripartite efforts, involving SkillsFuture Singapore, the Singapore National Employers Federation, the National Trades Union Congress, the Employment and Employability Institute, the Singapore Business Federation, and Workforce Singapore.
Nominations for both awards opened in December 2016, and a tripartite judging panel was formed to evaluate the nominations. Award monies are also drawn from the SkillsFuture Jubilee Fund, which was formed through contributions from tripartite partners.
In the press release, Ng Cher Pong, chief executive of SkillsFuture Singapore said: “I commend the recipients of the SkillsFuture Fellowships and the SkillsFuture Employer Awards for their commitment to lifelong learning and skills mastery. Not only are these individuals and employers inspiring role models in their respective fields and industries, they are also mentors who have looked beyond themselves to develop the skills of others.
“Skills will continue to be the key enabler for economic transformation and to help individuals achieve their potential. I look forward to seeing more Singaporeans and employers embrace and celebrate skills mastery,” he added.
Photo / 123RF