For the 5th consecutive year, HR Distinction awards will again honour the very best in the HR industry. Winning is both an affirmation of the exceptional quality of your work in the industry and among peers. Book your gala dinner table now
Contact us now for more details.
In Aon’s Best Employers survey for 2018, the 12 selected organisations have achieved an engagement score of 87%, compared to a market average of 63%. They also scored 20 points higher than market average across the indices of employer brand, effective leadership, and high-performance culture.
The Aon Best Employers in Malaysia for 2018 are:
- DHL Express (Malaysia) – Best of the Best Employers
- Agilent Technologies LDA Malaysia – Best Employer Malaysia
- American Express (Malaysia) – Best Employer Malaysia
- Eco World Development Group – Best Employer Malaysia
- Federal Express Services (M) – Best Employer Malaysia
- Gerbang Alaf Restaurants – Best Employer Malaysia
- Hartalega – Best Employer Malaysia
- S P Setia- Best Employer Malaysia
- SkyWorld Development – Best Employer Malaysia
- Sunway Building Materials Group – Best Employer Malaysia
- Sunway Hotel (Georgetown) Penang – Best Employer Malaysia
- Sunway IT Shared Services Centre – Best Employer Malaysia
Despite half of the Best Employers experiencing significant changes such as M&As or leadership, they increased revenues by an average of 15% (market average 3.88%) and profits by an average of 7.8% (market average 1.08%).
Additionally, 87% of employees in Best Employer organisations agree that their senior leadership provides them a clear direction for the future (30 points higher than market average).
ALSO READ: Singapore’s best employers revealed
Best Employers also have a total rewards strategy that focuses not just on pay but learning and career development opportunities as well. Close to four in five (79%) of Best Employer employees feel that they receive appropriate recognition for their contributions (27 points higher than market average).
In addition, two organisations received special recognition:
- Malaysia Airports Holdings – Special Recognition for Commitment to Engagement
- SAP Malaysia – Special Recognition for Commitment to High Performance Culture
Ridhima Khanduja, principal, talent, rewards and performance, Aon Malaysia, said: “As Malaysian workforce gets more discerning with wider exposure and changing demographics, Best Employers invest in continuous dialogue across the employee lifecycle.
“They enhance employee experience by combining data, analytics, and powerful technology to create feedback loops that drive self-sustaining improvement enabling talent to maximise their potential.”
Prashant Chadha, managing director, talent, rewards and performance, Aon Malaysia and Philippines, added: “Changes in the economic and political landscape of the country have created additional complexity, requiring businesses to be agile and to focus on reduced time-to-market. Agile businesses must be supported by agile HR.”
Photo / StockUnlimited